We are proud to announce that AMHP will be participating in two upcoming webinars you don’t want to miss.
- Date: Tuesday, May 13, 2014 from 4:00 – 5:30pm EDT
- To register: https://webinar.cms.hhs.gov/
- Khadija Gurnah
- Connecting Muslims to Coverage, American Muslim Health Professionals
- Janet Wright MD – Million Hearts
- Executive Director, Million Hearts
- Cara V. James, PhD – Coverage to Care Initiative
- Director, Office of Minority Health, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Susan H. Gratzer – Update on the Affordable Care Act
- Partner Relations Group, Office of Communications, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid services
- Khadija Gurnah
Muslim Women and Their Health
- Date: Thursday, May 22 at 12pm EST (11 am CST, 10 am MST, 9 am PST)
- To Join by Phone Only: Dial (702) 489-0003, Access Code: 645-297-235. For those joining by phone only, the Pin Number is the # key
- One in eight women develop breast cancer every year, and the chance of dying from breast cancer is one in 36. Screenings such as mammograms and PAP tests are one of the best ways to catch cancer before it is too late, and make sure that you live a healthy life for your family and loved ones.
- The Affordable Care Act, the new national health care law, offers free preventive services such as cancer screenings. Join us to learn how women can and should take advantage of these new opportunities. We will also share information about the basics of health insurance for those who are newly insured.
- Guest speakers include:
- Rumana Ahmed, Former Liaison for Muslim American Outreach, The White House Office of Public Engagement
- Dr. Laila Al-Marayati, MD, Medical Director of Women’s Health, Eisner Pediatric and Family Medical Center
- Arshia Wajid, Founder & President, American Muslim Health Professionals (AMHP)
- Dr. Nancy Lee, MD, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Health-Women’s Health Office of the Secretary, Dept. of Health and Human Services
- Lisa Carr, Associate Director, Dept. of Health and Human Services Center for Faith-based and Neighborhood Partnerships
- To register: https://www4.
- For more information: ACA101@hhs.gov