|Position Title||Treasurer, AMHP Board of Directors|
Position Summary: The Treasurer is responsible for regulating AMHP’s financial plan and accounts and carrying out its fiduciary responsibilities, such as reviewing the organization’s annual financial statements. The Treasurer shall report on the financial condition of AMHP at monthly board meetings and develop an annual budget and annual report with the Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities: The Treasurer will perform duties, such as, but not limited to (including any other duties assigned by the Board and responsibilities outlined in AMHP’s bylaws):
- Develop an operating budget in collaboration with the Executive Director
- Oversee financial management involving planning, budgeting, and reporting
- Compile and present regular reports on AMHP’s financial position to the Board of Directors. This report must always include an explanation for any discrepancies between the budget and current expenditure
- Track year-to-date income and revenues on a continuous basis, reports variances and alerts the Board of potential problems
- Chair AMHP’s finance committee, and serve as a member of the development committee
- Oversee the development and implementation of financial policies and procedures
- This position will require approximately 6-10 hours per month.
- Attend all Board meetings on a monthly basis, or as required. Board members are expected to attend at least 75% of all regularly scheduled meetings.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and 3 to 5 years of finance/accounting experience.
- A background in non-profit finance, accounting or fundraising is an asset.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player to productively engage with others
- Strong organizational, leadership and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail.
Additional Expectations: While upholding the highest standards of fiscal oversight, resource development, and governance, AMHP board members are also expected to consistently deepen their knowledge and understanding about AMHP’s work and act with the utmost integrity. Additional expectations include:
- Have the most up-to-date knowledge and understanding of AMHP’s mission, goals, and activities.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all board deliberations.
- Accept board decisions, and speak outside of the board with one voice after a decision has been made.
- Demonstrate support in the community for the organization and its staff.
- Be willing to use individual expertise as needed by staff for specific research, communications, outreach, and development or operations gaps.
- Act on behalf of the organization and its interests, putting aside personal concerns, affiliations, or constituencies.
- Speak on behalf of the organization only when authorized to do so.
- Be aware of AMHP’s conflict of interest policy and abide by it.