This coming weekend, January 15 – 18 is the National Muslim Enrollment Weekend. January 15th is also the last day to get health insurance coverage starting on February 1. Open enrollment ends on January 31, 2016. Here is a list of important resources to help guide you through the enrollment process.
- Enroll America has a Muslim Community Action Guide: https://www.enrollamerica.org/resources/toolkits/constituency-groups/faith/health-care-in-the-muslim-community-action-guide/.
- The HHS Partnership Center has a Health Care Law toolkit: http://www.hhs.gov/about/agencies/iea/partnerships/aca-and-your-community/index.html.
- You can enroll at HealthCare.gov or you can call the Call Center at 1-800-318-2596, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with help in over 240 languages. A TTY number for people with hearing challenges is: 1-855-889-4325.
- You can also find local help in your community by going to https://localhelp.healthcare.gov/#intro.
- The American Muslim Health Professionals website is https://www.amhp.us/.
- We have a video that explains open enrollment with key faith leaders here: https://youtu.be/abQJO4ILCzk.
- Tax information as it applies to Marketplace coverage can be found on the Spotlight section at Marketplace.cms.gov.
- There are Federally Qualified Health Clinics throughout the country to provide health services. More information can be found at www.HRSA.gov.