- Muslim Women and Their Health – May 22, 2013
- Matters of the Mind: Youth Resilience - June 20, 2013
- Matters of the Mind: Addressing Mental Trauma in the Muslim Community - April 22, 2013
- Matters of the Mind: Islamic Perspective on Mental Health – February 21, 2013
- Session with Shahid Shah on Health IT – April 18, 2013
Shahid is an internationally recognized enterprise software analyst that specializes in healthcare IT with an emphasis on e-health, EHR/EMR, Meaningful Use, data integration, medical device connectivity, health informatics, and legacy modernization. Over the last 15 years the health IT positions he’s held include CTO for Cardinal Health’s CTS unit (now CareFusion), CTO of two Electronic Medical Records (EMR) companies, a Chief Systems Architect at American Red Cross, Architecture Consultant at NIH, and SVP of Healthcare Technology at COMSYS.
- Session with Abdulrahman El-Sayed on Social Epidemiology – February 17, 2013
Dr. Abdulrahman El-Sayed is a social epidemiologist, physician-in-training, and health policy commentator. His academic research considers how social circumstances may us sick. He has authored over 30 scientific articles, over 40 national and international conference presentations, and several commentaries and book chapters. Abdulrahman graduated from the University of Michigan with a Bachelor of Science with Highest Distinction in Biology and Political Science in 2007, where he was the top graduate from the College of Literature Science and the Arts, as well as the student commencement speaker alongside President Bill Clinton.
Open Education Database Career Guide
Community Based Organizations